Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Red Dress (A Christmas Love Story) "Part 2"

Mike’s hands fisted at his sides. He couldn’t even look at her when he answered. “Every man out there can’t stop staring at you in that dress, and it’s killing me.”

Carol smiled for the first time all night, but she still wasn’t ready to let him off the hook. “You seem to be able to resist looking at me pretty easily,” she said.

“It’s not that easy,” he said turning his hungry gaze at her. “It’s just if I look at you too long,” he continued as he stepped closer, “I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from doing this.”

In one swift motion, his arm encircled her waist as his other hand cupped the back of her neck, and he kissed her. His kiss was passionate and relentless. It took her breath away. After she was thoroughly kissed, he pulled his lips away from hers and stared into her eyes. He didn’t release her from his embrace though.
She knew he was waiting to hear what she had to say. For a moment, she was speechless, but then she smiled, and said, “I think this just became my favorite dress.”

“I think it’s time to take you home and take it off,” he said as he led her to his car. “But, don’t worry, you can wear it when we go out on New Year’s Eve.”

Carol smiled as they walked to the car. She’d always been on Santa’s nice list, but this year, thanks to the dress, she had a shot at being naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment