Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Red Dress (A Christmas Love Story) "Part 1"

When Carol buys the perfect red dress for the company Christmas party, it goes more wrong than right–at first. Find out what happens when holiday magic starts to work its charm in this short Christmas love story.
* * *
“Did you ever think it’s because I’m in love with you?” Mike yelled.
Carol’s train of thought derailed. All of his complaints about her co-worker asking her out to lunch took on a new light. His insistence that she had to ride home with him morphed from a chauvinistic implication that she wasn’t savvy enough to take the bus at night into something different–something almost chivalrous. And then there was this fight. No, there was no excuse for the way he made her feel back at the party.

“You hate the way I’m dressed and made me feel horrible at our company Christmas party, because you’re allegedly are in love with me?” she spat back.
“I’m sorry about making you feel terrible in there. I wanted tonight to go so much better. It’s just you in that dress…” his voice trailed off.

“What!” She said as she looked down at her dress. She thought the dress was perfect when she saw it in the store. It was the right combination of classy Christmas outfit with a little sexy thrown in, but maybe she was wrong. Maybe she just looked trashy or ridiculous. “What about my dress, which by the way I saved for two whole months to buy?” Her voice was still angry, but now it was tinged with sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment